Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice
Company: American Home Health Care
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:Job TypeFull-time, Part-timeJob Pay:$ 50- $70 an
hour$100 - $200 Per VisitAmerican Hospice and Home Health Services
is currently seeking a Full Time or Part Time RN to service Alameda
County. Negotiable to salary, hourly, and per-visit pay rates
depending on experience.Job description:The Registered Nurse is a
professional nurse who coordinates and directs the home care
patient's care based on individual patient needs. The RN is
responsible for the independent management of the Home
Health/Hospice patient population requiring the use of advanced
assessment, teaching and decision-making skills. The nurse is
responsible for ensuring that appropriate referrals to other
services are made, interdisciplinary conferencing takes place
regularly, and appropriate documentation is completed. Relevant
knowledge and experience is consistently applied to new patient
populationsOur Hospice Care Mission is to provide compassionate and
quality end of life care and grief support to patients and their
families. We provide emotional comfort to patients, families and
caregivers during the last phase of one's life.Our Home Health Care
Mission is to provide professional and paraprofessional services to
patients in their homes, assisting them to achieving the highest
level of potential in their day-to-day
activities.Requirements:Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Home Health Primary Nurse must possess excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation for a caseload of home care clients as the primary
- Maintains a complete record for the care that is given with the
patient. Documents in the clinical record per home health agency
policy and procedure.
- Maintains an updated clinical record on each patient at all
times, meeting required deadlines for documentation of
certification, re-certification, aide supervision reports, aide
care plan updates, routine recording of case coordination, care
plan updates, addressing progress toward goals, and verbal
- Accurately completes admission and revisit documentation,
documentation of completed communications, billing and employee
statistical information, and payroll documentation.
- Documents patient, family and caregiver teaching.Patient Care:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment
and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care
provided every two (2) weeks.Licenses Required:
- Current RN License in State of California
- Minimum 1 year experience as a professional nurse within the
last three years. Experience must be at least in the area of public
health, home care or hospice nursing.
- Current CPR
- Licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements.This Job Is
Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working
on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent
shifts in directionEnvironment:
- Home Health
- Community based services
- Hospice at HomeWork Remotely
Keywords: American Home Health Care, Concord , Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!