Solid State Scientist
Company: Germer International
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Solid State Scientist
Our client in the Midwest is searching for an individual with a
specific skillset. The ideal candidate will lead salt, polymorph,
and preformulation studies in support of preclinical drug
development in a CDMO environment. Our client is a with 11
manufacturing sites and 7 R&D departments across the globe.
Their goal is to facilitate the production of new pharmaceuticals
and improve quality and sustainability of the manufacturing
process, if you think this is a company for you read below and see
if you qualify!
- Salt, polymorph, and co-crystal screening
- Physicochemical characterization of small molecules
- Powder X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis
- Thermal analysis (DSC, TGA)
- Raman and FTIR analysis
- Particle size and polarized light microscopy
- Moisture sorption analysis
- Hot-stage microscopy
The successful candidate will also provide support to related
groups (process chemistry, engineering, QC). The position may also
provide solid-state guidance and mentoring to other scientists and
cross-functional project teams.
The candidate should have experience in salt selection and
polymorph screening, strong skills in physical chemical
characterization/pre-formulation. The candidate should possess
excellent written documentation and oral communication skills,
familiarity with regulatory guidelines (GLP, GMP) and the ability
to manage multiple projects in dynamic environment.
Requirements and Educational Qualifications
Required qualifications are a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Chemistry or
related science with two or more years of relevant experience. The
position requires flexible hours.
- Must have experience with XRD analysis, polymorphs, and salt
- Must have basic knowledge of chemicals their properties,
structure, reactivity, and be able to handle them with safe and
- Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers and have
good writing skills
- Must be able to effectively multitask
Keywords: Germer International, Concord , Solid State Scientist, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!