Instructional Aide 2
Company: Spectrum Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Work. With Purpose
Spectrum, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to
offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform
meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages
creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor and a stellar work ethic
we should talk.
As a Teacher's Assistant (Instructional Aide 2) you will work along
side teacher's and students to implement their individualized
education programs (IEP) utilizing group and individual instruction
in the classroom and community. You will train students in the
following areas: community, vocation, leisure, domestic, academic
and social skills. You will act as the teacher's right hand and at
times may fill in as a substitute teacher.
- Implements curriculum (including all on-site and
community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies
consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual
Transition Plan)/ PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to
meet each student's goals and objectives.
- Consults with supervisor on the progress of students and the
implementation of the IEP/ITP/PBIP and assists in transition plans
for integrating the student back to a public school placement
(mainstreaming/inclusion) or to an adult program. Writes Progress
Reports, develops and modifies data sheets, and develops
- Follows the classroom schedule which addresses each student's
IEP/ITP goals including community and vocational goals, group
instruction, any Designated Instructional Services (DIS) and/or
- Completes accurate and timely documentation on student's
behavior as outlined by school procedures; reports observations to
relevant staff and makes recommendations based on observations.
Assists in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily
activities log as required. Maintain confidentiality of student
information and records at all times.
- Participates in the data collection process by collecting,
recording, and maintaining data required by student programs,
classroom records, and data computer systems as assigned by
supervisor; and provides input for the development of Functional
Analyses of Behavior and Positive Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Performs job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the
training of students, on campus or at community job sites in
appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills. Keeps
supervisor informed of issues regarding student's vocational skills
- Provides for the basic physical needs of students as needed
(e.g. toileting and diapering, ensure students receive their
medications, assist with feeding students, assist with hygiene,
- Maintains safety and security of the facility through close
observation and monitoring of the students, maintaining optimal
physical proximity, remaining alert at all times, and using
analytical forethought to anticipate potentially volatile or unsafe
situations to proactively intervene.
- Complies with all company policies/procedures and regulatory
requirements and reports any known or suspected violations to
his/her supervisor or through other means identified in company
- Provides appropriate crisis intervention as necessary using the
least restrictive method by anticipating and responding quickly to
escalating behaviors, utilizing appropriate de-escalation
techniques to diffuse the situation, correctly prioritizing safety
concerns, following proper physical restraint techniques, and
displaying neutral emotions.
- Consistently meets school and regulatory training requirements
by attending all mandatory meetings and training sessions as
- Assures cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom by
assisting in cleaning, filing, and preparing materials and
proactively assists in all security, maintenance, and safety
functions as required for the overall facility.
- Participates as a team member and promotes a positive work
environment by demonstrating cooperation, compromise, appropriate
expression of opinion, and by treating others with consideration,
courtesy, and respect.
- Assists with other daily classroom functions and special
assignments as directed; including, but not limited to, substitute
teaching. IA 2 is the primary instructor to students this position
is the supervisor and mentor of staff when the teacher is absent.
This includes credential coverage communication with families and
other management of classroom systems as needed. Provides classroom
orientation for new staff per agency guidelines as directed by the
- Assists with the planning and preparation of educational
materials and activities and maintains individual student data
binders and communication devices/books. Also assists the teacher
in managing the classroom budget, records and environment.
- Serves as an aide (also known as a "rider") to provide
supervision and management of student behavior during
transportation routes in Spectrum owned vehicles (at applicable
- Provides (at applicable campuses) transportation for students
by driving a Spectrum owned vehicle with student/s who require
transportation to and/or from school. This responsibility requires
an employee provided DMV driving record report.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of experience working with students in an education
setting or working with individuals with disabilities.
- You must obtain an "Emergency 30 Day Sub Permit" within 90 days
of starting employment.
- Valid California driver's license.Join the Spectrum Family! -
The ChanceLight Story.
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: Spectrum Center, Concord , Instructional Aide 2, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!