After School Program Teacher
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit organization
providing direct services to children and adults with intellectual
and developmental disabilities in 13 locations throughout the
Contra Costa and Alameda Counties . Position: After School Program
Instructor for Individuals with Disabilities
Location: Concord, CA
Hours: Monday-Friday (4 days a week - 2:00pm-6:00pm, 1 day/week
1pm-6pm) - 21 hours/week
(Increased hours in the summer!!!)
Benefits for this position include:
Paid vacation, Sick Days, 403(b) retirement plan, Employee discount
program, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
TheAfter School Program is available to students with disabilities
aged 7-22. Located at both George Miller Centers of Concord and
Richmond. This program provides enriching activities designed to
reinforce educational and behavioral goals of the student and
family. This includes outings, socialization, recreational and
After School Program Instructors plan, organize and conduct
activities for children and young adults with intellectual and
developmental disabilities. This is an active program with an
emphasis on community access.
- Develops a supportive, goal-oriented relationship with the
- Manages students' medical and personal care needs in accordance
with licensing guidelines.
- Promotes independence and support in individual and group
social, recreational, and educational activities.
- Provides support and supervision onsite and in community
- Provides support and supervision to students exhibiting
challenging behaviors and implements behavior management plans, as
- Cleans and organizes activities areas on a regular basis.
- Makes daily progress notations and completes student daily
- Responsible for curriculum planning.
- Encourages the students to participate fully in activities
using prompting, cueing, and fading.
- Serves as an advocate and positive role model for the students.
- Completion of, or willingness to obtain 12 Semester or 18
quarter units in early childhood education(ECE), child development,
recreation, physical education, social welfare, nursing,
psychology, sociology, home economics, education or a closely
related field from an accredited college or university. Minimum
- Must have California Drivers License and good driving
- Must be able to successfully complete a health screen, a drug
screen, and criminal background clearance
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact
with any staff and/or participants
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Required
(Covid Vaccination is subject to religious or medical exemption
requests) Program: After School Program
This is a part time 2 position Associated topics: child care,
dance, dancing, driver, equestrian, gmat, horse, incorporated,
Keywords: VistAbility, Concord , After School Program Teacher, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!