Company: New Standard Equities
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Position: Maintenance SupervisorDepartment: OperationsReports to:
Community Director and/or Regional Maintenance ManagerFLSA Status:
Non - ExemptSUMMARY:The Maintenance Supervisor oversees all
maintenance operations, including goal setting, organization of
activities, meeting objectives, and ensuring services meet
established standards. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Core
duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
- Anticipates needs and establish priorities and courses of
action to meet objectives each day.
- Assists in executing/adhering to property budget for
maintenance related categories.
- Maintains work areas and systems in a neat, orderly condition
to ensure smooth operations.
- Monitors results of delegated assignments.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, paying special
attention to safety regulations.
- Performs on-call responsibilities in accordance with
- Works with city inspectors for inspections and identifies
- Inspects new vacancies to determine necessary work to prepare
- Responsible for unit turns, move outs and apartment
- Supervises workers in field and ensures timely completion of
- Approves necessary adjustments for assigned jobs.
- Inspects properties for safety, health, and fire hazard
- Takes emergency calls and coordinates requested work.
- Assists Community Directors with requests of maintenance work
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the
selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination, and
review of all personnel.
- Develops and maintains a program for sound employee relations
at all levels of the company.
- Provides guidance and direction to maintenance employees to
assist in their professional development.
- Delegates and coordinates work orders and instructions to
maintenance workers in a timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Resolves problems and discrepancies with jobs and/or interacts
with workers to amend the issue.
- Contacts other vendors for problems that exceed the capacity of
- Orders new equipment as needed and/or has equipment
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, paying special
attention to health and/or safety procedures.
- Ensures permits for completed work and necessary for legal
requirements are filed in office in a timely manner.
- Performs maintenance duties including work orders and
preventative maintenance activities, with minimal supervision
consistent with company policies and procedures and direction from
supervisor(s), completes documentation and necessary paperwork in a
timely, accurate, and complete manner to document and track
- Ensures apartments are ready for occupancy by performing
various and as needed electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and
other miscellaneous maintenance and repairs necessary or
- Maintains grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking
up/emptying trash and debris, vacuuming, moping, pressure washing
breezeways and commons areas, general cleaning as needed and other
areas as directed.
- Repairs minor problems of buildings and foundations, including
ceilings, walls, floors, basements, and all mechanical contents of
- Applies knowledge of building operating systems such as HVAC,
security and sprinkler systems, fire alarms, plumbing, heating,
electrical, and any other related setups to perform maintenance,
preventative maintenance, and/or repairs.
- Complies with company standards and applicable laws including
but not limited to; Fair Housing, OSHA, Landlord Tenant, Local
Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC. Attends and participates in company
safety meetings and required trainings and other safety related
laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents
promptly to supervisor.
- Reports known safety hazards, equipment, and customer concerns
- Responds quickly to emergency situations during work hours and
- Follows established process for inventory of supplies and
materials at the community, by tracking inventory used, returning
unused inventory, maintaining inventory levels and notifying
supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Supports cost saving initiatives by fixing rather than
replacing parts when possible and not being wasteful with materials
- Maintains high levels of customer service for prospects,
residents, vendors, and associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Introduction to the Company:
New Standard Equities is a leading vertically integrated real
estate investment management firm that specializes in the
acquisition and operation of multifamily properties located
throughout the Western U.S. New Standard Equities is guided by a
set of principles that govern how we conduct ourselves in every
aspect of the business to ensure we meet our objective of providing
an ideal living experience for our residents that is Just Right
Living.We are a company of self-starters who strive towards
delivering on our mission of providing Just Right Living for the
individuals and families that choose to call our properties home.
To achieve our objective of providing Just Right Living, we perform
at every level of the organization with integrity and are driven
toward continuous learning and improvement on the job, to deliver
on our promise of Excellence at Every Level of the organization. We
are motivated to solve problems creatively in our approach and
think out of the box to deliver exceptional results. We value
collaboration and view teamwork as vital to the success of the
organization by building genuine relationships with co-workers and
residents through effective communication and follow through. We
are customer service focused by demonstrating care as an
organization and at every level and in every position.
Keywords: New Standard Equities, Concord , Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!