Branch Procurement Specialist
Company: Patterson Companies
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Patterson isn't just a place to work, it's a partner that cares
about your success. One of the distinguishing marks of our company
is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always
advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds
in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and
experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they
build a stronger and successful organization. Job SummaryThe Branch
Procurement Specialist is responsible for the project planning and
management for all equipment orders including collection of payment
and installation from start to finish. This includes supporting and
coordinating with the Sales and Service departments. We are looking
for a team player who is dedicated to the equipment life-cycle.
Essential FunctionsTo perform this job successfully, an employee
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily,
with or without reasonable accommodation. To request a reasonable
accommodation, notify Human Resources or the manager who oversees
the position. Project Management:
- Manages equipment life-cycle: sales quotation, order,
receiving, invoicing, returns, schedule job site evaluation,
resource planning, staging, inspection and inventory
- Monitors Gross Margin for all equipment sales
- Works closely with TechEdge Service Coordinator(s) for all
resource and project planning
- Coordinates the installation of equipment with the Service
Department, Equipment Specialist, Territory Salesperson and the
- Verifies orders upon receipt from the manufacturer and stages
equipment for delivery to customer for installation. - Equipment is
tagged appropriately upon receipt at branch for inventory levels.
- Procurement of all equipment orders from internal/external
customers, while maintaining an optimum inventory of items and
determining an ideal source and timing for purchase
- Manages invoices, prepares purchase orders, maintains equipment
files, processes credits and returns, create finance documents and
file UCC's on some equipment
- Warehouse management including preparing, counting, maintaining
and reconciling inventory using necessary systems, tools and
- Accounts for returns as branch inventory or return to
- Works with outside lenders to confirm finance approvals and
collection of payments
- Works with vendors to research any price discrepancies from the
cost on the purchase order to vendor invoice Customer Service:
- Demonstrates a commitment to Patterson's values and
professionalism through appropriate conduct at all times
- Communicate professionally with customers and vendors;
follow-up when required Job QualificationsRequired Qualifications
- Associate's degree or above with general business or accounting
concentration preferred, or at least 2 years of -equivalent
- Proven soft skills - organization, attention to detail,
analytics, problem solving, collaboration
- Demonstrated success in prioritizing and time-management
- Established decision-making abilities and sound judgement
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, both
written and verbal
- Ability to positively contribute to the Branch team environment
by taking initiative to learn and improve upon skillsets
- Uses technology with efficiency Preferred Qualifications
- At least 1 year of previous experience in dental industry
- Project management and/or accounting experience
- Experience with technology including Microsoft 365 and SAP CRM
and ECC platforms
- Demonstrated passion for learning and embracing continuous
improvement Working ConditionsPhysical Demands
- Operating a computer or other office devices for the majority
of the workday
- May occasionally need to move packages up to 10 pounds such as
office supplies or equipment
- Must be able to communicate with others in person, over the
phone, and in writing. -
- Must be able to understand and effectively exchange accurate
information with others such as coworkers, customers and
- Must be able to read and interpret various electronic and
written documents. Environmental FactorsThis position is in an
office environment in which team members occupy desks in assigned
areas or at meeting/collaboration spaces within the building. The
building's primary work areas consist of desks, chairs, computers
and other office equipment and devices for professional services.
Travel and On-CallNo travel requiredWe provide competitive
benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program. EEO StatementAs a people-first
company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates
diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees' unique
experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our
success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. We are
Patterson. We welcome you.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, Concord , Branch Procurement Specialist, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!