Company: Saxco International
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Position Purpose: The Buyer has overall responsibility for all
phases of purchasing glass, spirit, beer or wine bottles,
corrugated boxes, and other related packaging items as needed. The
Buyer will participate in the development and purchase of new
product items; ensure that inventory levels are in alignment with
demand; interface with glass suppliers, sales department, customer
service, and the accounting department to resolve issues as they
arise. Participate in inventory reviews and maintain inventory
records as required. Works with suppliers to obtain product or
service information such as cost, availability, and delivery
schedule.Location: This position will be a remote role. Working
hours: Ability to work East Coast Hours (EST) Job
- Manage MRP grids to determine inventory to buy
- Key stakeholder in forecasting process
- Manage stranded/aged inventory and obtain disposition for all
slow moving/excess inventory
- Manage Supplier relations for all execution activities such as
production & delivery
- Identify and manage Supplier Claims
- Provide input on supplier and freight forwarder performance
- Interface with accounting, sales and the suppliers
- Obtain and provide custom cost quotes to the Pricing
- Follow up with vendor to ensure on time receipt of Saxco
purchase orders and purchasing agreements
- Maintains data such as items or services purchased costs,
delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Other related projects and duties as assignedSkills, Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of materials management, replenishment, and
- Two plus years' experience with Microsoft AX and experience in
- Experience in rigid packaging related purchasing desirable
(glass, PET, or Aluminum cans).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly
when dealing with other departments within Company.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to
improve and promote quality.
- Excellent organizational skills; use time efficiently,
prioritize and plan work activities. Must be detail oriented.
Follows policies and procedures
- Demonstrated exceptional internal and external customer service
- Pro-active, creative and self-motivated work style
- Proven ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
while consistently delivering superior results within given
- MS Excel & MS Access - Power User
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Proven ability to work remotely successfully in previous
position Experience: Three to Five years related experience and/or
training with small company Desired Skills: Material Requirements
Planning (MRP) strongly preferred. Experience with Microsoft AX.
APICS/CPSM certification a plus.
Keywords: Saxco International, Concord , Buyer, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!