Regional Market Lead- Property and Buildings
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to
solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water,
energy and urbanization. GHD is seeking a Regional Market Leader
for a strategic influencing leadership role to provide the vision
and direction for the Property and Buildings Market in GHD's US
West Region. The key objective of this position is to increase top
line growth, the depth of client relationships, expansion and
improved portfolio mix. You will be responsible for driving and
implementing market strategy and business development. This will
include developing new clients and deepening existing
relationships, as well as leading major pursuits and delivery of
major projects as a project director. This position will sit in
either Northern or Southern California. The Property and Buildings
market encompasses municipal and commercial buildings; medical and
institutional facilities; educational facilities; tech campuses,
wineries; airport infrastructure; high-tech, laboratory and R&D
facilities; industrial manufacturing and production facilities; and
hospitality and hotel facilities. Responsibilities: Client:
- Develop and implement a targeted Regional Market Business
- Ensure a coordinated approach to maintaining client management
systems to include capturing contact data and meetings with key
clients. Identify and winning key clients to include establishing
the cost of retention.
- Promote relationships with existing and potential clients in
the Region. Increase business by improving client relationships and
strengthening repeat business. Expand the client base by promoting
GHD's services proactively.
- Design and execution of a strategy to increase GHDs market
share of private & public sector clients across the Region.
- Corporate business development relating to the Market,
promoting growth and sustainable profitability.
- Collaborate with other Market Leaders to position and win
multidisciplinary projects within the Region.
- Represent and promote GHD at networking events, professional
and industrial associations, society meetings, conferences, and
- Technical leadership on projects as required. Direction and
input on major tenders/bids or proactive client proposals.
- Identify areas of practice within the Region, based on client
feedback or market trends (service lines) that require enhancement
and resources to meet present and future opportunities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deploy Client Care surveys,
feedback and appropriate follow-up. People:
- Promote seamless regional collaboration to ensure services
provided by Project Managers will enhance GHD's relationship with
clients in Region.
- Develop and mentor people within the Regional Market Sector,
including Relationship Managers, Business Group Leads, Project
Directors and Project Managers.
- Promote and employ deliberate and informed client and pursuit
leadership and management. Promote GHD's Winning Work, Key Clients
and CRM tenets for marketing and business development.
- Ensure team has the materials and resources necessary to
deliver quality service.
- Coordinate professional organization and conference
participation, speaking opportunities and attendance with region
business group leaders and general managers.
- Attract strategic hires for the Market to develop the business
within the Region. Performance:
- Sustainable growth of Regional Market Sector gross revenue (top
- Manage and mitigate risks within the Regional Market.
- Assist and at times lead major projects to ensure delivery
outcomes for region as directed by Regional General Manager
- Improve pursuit success rates and Market gross revenue.
- Effective management of any designated budgets.
- Effective influencing and collaboration with key stakeholders
and peers. Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Engineering or
Architecture or similar technical field
- Minimum 15+ years of related experience or demonstrated
equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of
- Professional licensure a plus but not required (i.e. PE,
- Experienced in strategic business development, client
relationships and driving sales revenue
- Ability to connect our people to the Property & Buildings
market sector and build relationships across our business to
maximize client outcomes, with a focus on client experience
- A strong technical background and experience in resourcing,
leading and delivering projects is beneficial for this role
- Proven track record in project execution and marketing in the
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time
- Excellent relationship management skills and a real passion for
- Strong focus on client service Why GHD? Being the best we can
be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and
creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything
feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with
new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made
sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how
we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will
support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and
then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to
allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new
ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage
you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our
global business. Who we are We are committed to solving the world's
biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in
engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established
in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+
diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD'
across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia,
Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region.
Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are
passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners
and clients. As a multicultural organization, we encourage
individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse
workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal
employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants
without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin,
citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
disability, marital status or veteran status.
Keywords: GHD, Concord , Regional Market Lead- Property and Buildings, Other , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!