Company: inSync Staffing
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Mobile OSC
Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
Duration: 7 Months
Hours: 8AM-5PM Mon-Fri
Location Concord, CA - Onsite
The Mobile OSC Specialist is an on-site member of the Logistics
Team in a District Sales Office. This person will provide
logistical support to the Sales Reps as well as excellent customer
service to the hospital staff that will differentiate Smith &
Nephew from their competitors.
The Mobile OSC Specialist will focus on product delivery, Central
Processing check-in, re-stocking and maintaining inventory levels,
and re-setting instruments post-surgery. Good working knowledge of
company products, operating systems and procedures is critical.
- Communicates and coordinates pickup and delivery activity for
local shipments with OSC I, OSC II, Supervisor and Sales
Representative personnel. Plans, schedules, and prioritizes local
pickups and deliveries with respect to time-sensitivity of each and
distances to be traveled.
- Performs pickups and deliveries to Surgeon customers,
hospitals, clinics, airport, bus station, post offices, and local
vendors. Assures necessary paperwork is processed for shipments
- Checks instrumentation into Central Processing Department (CPD)
for sterilization and delivers implants to appropriate holding
- Re-sets instrument trays for office sets and works with CPD
staff to locate any missing instrumentation post-surgery. Acquires
un-used implants from holding area that are to be returned to the
- Records daily delivery information on a delivery log including
mileage driven, number of stops, time per stop, fuel/maintenance
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of existing products and
new product introductions (instruments and implants) to effectively
function in the field regarding proper delivery and pickups.
Ability to proactively identify errors and omissions in deliveries/
pickups to eliminate redundancy in required stops.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with Office Staff,
Sales Representatives and all third party end-users, including but
not limited to Hospital Receiving, Central Processing, and
Operating Room Staff. Fields customer complaints and communicates
them as necessary to OSC staff.
- Dress in a professional manner as a representative of the
company, this may entail wearing Smith and Nephew logoed apparel at
the discretion of supervising manager
- When not directly engaged in courier responsibilities assist in
Office, Sales and OSC duties as required.
- Assists OSC staff and Inventory Specialist in analyzing and
deciding the best options for local delivery based on time, cost,
and vehicle availability, with respect to multiple locations and
extremely time-sensitive shipments.
- Communicates with office staff and/or the sales force when
changes from original flight plans become necessary due to weather,
mechanical failure of the aircraft, or flight cancellations. Routes
shipments via the most appropriate method and confirms updated
delivery information such as flight number and departure and
- Carries cellular phone and required tracking device on person
at all times in order to communicate effectively regarding pickups
and deliveries. Overtime / on-call will be required to accommodate
emergency situations and facilitate changing surgical
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
- Valid Driver's License with clean record
- Microsoft Office Applications, basic PC Workstation
- Minimum two years college with classes in operations, customer
service or distribution desired.
- In lieu of college classes, a combination of education and
above experience totaling four years is required.
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Benefits (employee contribution):
Health savings account
Flexible spending accounts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: inSync Staffing, Concord , Mobile OSC, IT / Software / Systems , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!