Senior Technical Application Specialist - WATSON LIMS
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 25, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Senior Technical Application Specialist -
WATSON LIMS When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be
part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for
exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion
and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our
people the resources and opportunities to make significant
contributions to the world. Location/Division Digital Science
delivers market-leading laboratory and data management solutions.
These solutions help customers advance science, become more
efficient, and improve their bottom lines. Our offerings shape the
lab of the future, by accelerating innovation and driving
productivity. In short, it's our goal to make labs work the way
laypeople think they do-- with cloud-connected, instantaneous
information, available seamlessly to scientists across the lab.
Digital Science offerings either work together organically on a
common platform (Platform for Science) or can be integrated to
unite information created by disparate instruments and systems, so
data and the labs can always be connected. Our offering includes
the following capabilities:
- Laboratory Information Management System
- Electronic Laboratory Notebook
- Procedural Electronic Laboratory Notebooks or Laboratory
- Scientific Data Management System How will you make an impact?
The Senior Technical Application Specialist is a member of a
Customer Services Team. The role provides high quality first and
second line support to customers in the context of products
supplied by Digital Science. The high quality demanded by this
position will be met by the analyst's ability to respond to support
incidents within target times and assist in activities designed to
facilitate continuous improvements to helpdesk services. What will
- Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous
- Create and manage incidents through the incident lifecycle
according to current guidelines and procedures.
- Prioritize incidents according to current guidelines and
- Provide technical solutions to incidents wherever
- Escalate incidents to Digital Science Development when
- Respond to incidents according to standard service levels.
- Work closely with other Digital Science departments to resolve
issues when required.
- Expert in Watson LIMS.
- Backup team leader in matters of dealing with customer
complaints and issues.
- Offer direction and skill training to other Support Analysts on
- Be self-motivated and make best use of available time.
- Supplement training activities.
- Provide expertise in the installation of customer product
updates. How will you get here? Education
- Minimum required education: Bachelor's degree in a Life
Sciences concentration Experience
- 5+ years' experience in Watson LIMS
- Experience of helpdesk preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to provide training for
current customers Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels, from technical
experts to novice users.
- Organized with ability to prioritize workload and work under
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills. At Thermo Fisher
Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique
story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular
mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner
and safer. To access this job later or share with a friend, please
enter Name and Email Address below. Your Name Get notified for
similar jobs Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address Get customized job recommendations based on
your career area of interest. How would you rate your experience
popup Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
www.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Concord , Senior Technical Application Specialist - WATSON LIMS, IT / Software / Systems , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!