Employment Support Professional for Adults with Disabilities (Concord, CA)
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Employment Support Professional for Adults with Disabilities
(Concord, CA) Apply Now Join a trusted and highly-regarded
non-profit agency based in Contra Costa County since 1965. We are
committed to providing outstanding person-centered services to
children and adults who have intellectual or developmental
disabilities. Enjoy a work environment that emphasizes work-life
balance and a culture of service. OUR CULTURE OF SERVICE: The
individuals and communities we serve are the reason we've been
around for almost 60 years! We strive to help each person become as
independent and self-sufficient as they can be. We invite you to
experience the satisfaction and fulfillment of being there for the
people who depend on you and working together with your team in a
culture of service. The Employment Support Professional (aka Crew
Supervisor) provides on-the-job coaching and hands-on guidance to
adults with disabilities working at an assembly warehouse in
Concord. We are looking for individuals who genuinely love to help
others and want to empower others in their place of work! On a
typical work day, a Crew Supervisor...
- Ensures safety of walkway and workplace before crew
- Assign work to crew members and oversees completion and quality
of completed product.
- Develops and implements the goals of the participants and
provides necessary documentation.
- Evaluates and provides job coaching, advocacy, mobility
training, follow-along and support services to the individuals
- Provides necessary problem solving and conflict resolution
training to participants.
- Completes all required online training and paperwork in
compliance with crew employer.
- Uses a palette jack to unload materials, puts boxes on shelves,
and restocks supplies needed for assembly work.
- Fosters and maintains a positive and cooperative working
relationship with job site personnel.
- Participates in conferences for the consumers, staff meetings,
and other committee meetings as required.
- Encourages consumers to participate fully in activities using
prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.Must haves:
- High School diploma or GED, solid verifiable work history
- CA driver's license with good driving record and a car.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical
- Masking is required at all program sites when in contact with
any staff and/or participantsLocation: Worksite located on Nelson
Avenue in Concord. Hours: 7:30-3pm Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per
week Compensation: $17.50/hour plus the following benefits:
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance,
403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid
"holiday" on the employee's birthday.Our vacation accrual rates are
generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to
9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year
onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.Program: Supported EmploymentThis
is a non-management positionThis is a full time position
Keywords: VistAbility, Concord , Employment Support Professional for Adults with Disabilities (Concord, CA), Human Resources , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!