Human Resources Generalist
Company: Pacific Service Credit Union
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Working for Pacific Service Credit Union We put people first.
That includes our members, our employees and the communities we
serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people who want to work
as part of our team. What's in it for you? Health insurance
coverage: We provide our employees with 100% medical, dental,
vision, disability and basic life insurance for full-time employees
and eligible dependents. 401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary
to your 401k account regardless of whether you contribute or not.
In addition, we match 75% of your contributions up to the first 3%
of eligible compensation after one year of service and up to 6%
after three years of service. Bonus program: All employees are
rewarded for attaining our annual organizational goals. Vacation
and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two weeks'
vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick leave.
Position Summary: The Human Resources Generalist will collaborate
with the Human Resources and Administration team in the HR
strategic and functional areas of recruitment, benefits
administration and compensation, leave of absence administration,
payroll, and employee relations. This position will promote
engagement and teamwork by jumping in where needed without
hesitation. Additionally, this role will set the example by
embodying our credit union core values and mission statement while
maintaining the highest standard of confidentiality and
professionalism. Essential Functions:
- Lead full cycle recruitment for exempt and nonexempt staff
utilizing a variety of strategic recruitment sources to identify
qualified candidates. Recruitment activities include: kick off
meetings with hiring managers, sourcing candidates using an
applicant tracking system (ATS) in ADP, scheduling and conducting
interviews, administering applicable skills tests, providing
detailed feedback narratives from interviews, creating offer
letters, conducting background checks, and ensuring compliance with
all credit union policies, procedures, and all relevant
- Develop strategies to create a robust talent pool to attract
qualified candidates for future vacancies to improve time to fill
- Assist with projects related to talent acquisition including
implementation of new technology, and/or policies and
- Conduct HR onboarding for new hires, educate and enroll them in
all available benefit plans. Work closely with plan sponsors,
vendors, and brokers to insure continuous coverage of all
applicable benefits for eligible employees.
- Collaborate with scheduling, documentation, and maintenance of
employee training records.
- Administer and manage leave of absence requests/actions in
accordance to state and federal laws and credit union policies and
- Ensure timely submittal and accurate processing of employee
data via HRIS systems (original new hire data and changes as
appropriate). Compiles statistical reports for the department and
regulatory agencies (e.g. EEO-1, internal and external audits
- Assist with pay studies to help establish pay practices that
support recruitment and retention efforts and position the credit
union as an employer of choice. Update changes in HRIS system with
appropriate documentation and approvals preserving historical
records of said changes.
- Serve as relief and back up for Senior Administrative Clerk and
PT Administrative Clerk for days off, breaks and applicable duties
in their absence.
- Collaborate and provide support to the Human Resources Manager
and Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Support,
for resolution of HR issues, implementation of departmental and
organization wide projects, and initiatives.
- Ability to effectively research and present information in line
with credit union culture in response to questions, incidents, or
situations for employees at all levels.
- Assist with verifying and processing invoices for payment for
benefit plans, legal review, services, etc. Maintain historical
record of bills paid.
- Assist in writing policies and procedures for the organization
for benefits, office procedures, etc. Must be able to interpret,
accurately apply, and communicate policies and procedures with
- Assist in maintaining records, files, and databases
- Administer the employee safety program and process claims under
the credit union's insurance policies, i.e., worker's compensation,
general and business liability, etc.
- Act as primary administrator for the S.A.F.E. Act program.
- Proactively identify and recommend ways to streamline or
- Serve as back up to Human Resources Manager and other
department employees as needed.
- Non-Essential Functions: Performs special projects and other
responsibilities as assigned. Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or other
related discipline required.
- Experience: Five years of progressive experience required in
human resources, including benefits and leave administration,
performance management, employee relations and recruitment. In
depth knowledge of Human Resources laws, principles and practices
related to compliance of federal, state and local laws and
regulations required. Extensive knowledge of wage and hour
guidelines as it relates to payroll practices and overall
employment. Two to four years' experience with exempt and
non-exempt recruiting experience in a full life-cycle environment
including managing multiple roles simultaneously required. Aptitude
to implement effective sourcing recruitment strategies to deliver
qualified candidates. Minimum two years' experience recruiting in
the financial industry preferred.
- Skills and Abilities: Excellent written and oral communications
and cross-functional project management skills required. This
position requires a self-starter who can work both independently
and within teams with excellent organizational abilities, strong
interpersonal skills, and enjoys working at a fast pace and in a
varying environment. Proven ability to perform to high expectations
with little supervision. Must have ability to exercise independent
judgement and act on decisions on a daily basis. Strong attention
to detail with analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking
abilities is mandatory for success in this role. Ability to
interact and work with all levels of the credit union staff
including, senior executives, while remaining professional and
maintaining confidentiality is essential. Proficiency in computer
programs, (i.e., Microsoft Office, HRIS and ATS software;
preferably ADP products). Ability to use keyboard and all other
general office equipment.
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, positive
outlook, collaborative work style, inquisitive attitude,
flexibility, creativity; focus on excellence, and overall
- Travel Required: Less than 5% local travel may occur for
training purposes only. Travel during assigned work schedule
requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday
through Friday, generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ability to fluctuate
hours moderately accommodating business needs as they arise.
Keywords: Pacific Service Credit Union, Concord , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!