Company: Securitas Security Services
Posted on: February 15, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as a professional, friendly and informed
first point of contact for all incoming site employees and
visitors. Acts as the site resource for client and visitor requests
and services. Performs other security or administrative services as
required for the site.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Duties include essential function
of concierge as designated by client contract. May be assigned a
service grade or rank in a chain of command in conformance with
contract requirements or to facilitate the delivery of service,
according to business necessity.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required
to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company
policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety
rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors
upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
1. Serves as site expert on the local area, including events and
entertainment; provides assistance in travel and accommodations,
maps and directions, taxi or shuttle service, and other personal
needs and amenities.
2. Provides administrative support, such as conference room
scheduling and preparation, supply ordering, mail sorting/delivery,
and additional special projects as necessary.
3. Assists in the control of access to client site or facility
through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate
need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client
employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their
admittance to the site or facility.
4. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and
visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their
needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction
with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point
of view; presents a good image of the client and its security
5. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in
all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information
regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by
6. Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or
types reports and/or enters information in a computer using
standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action
7. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to
security personnel, client representatives, company management,
life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate
for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
8. Performs additional security services functions as permitted
under any required Security Officer license and as specified for
the assigned site.
9. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and
scope as required for the assigned post.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing
to complete the GED program within six months.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or
* May be required to meet and continue to meet any applicable
state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security
Officers and/or authorization for training Security Officers.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and
* Knowledge of or ability to learn concierge standards and
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
* Ability to be an effective team member.
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
* Courteous telephone manner.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
* Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and
* Ability to use personal computer including word processing and
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to provide exceptional quality customer service.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively at various social levels and across diverse
* Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
* May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
* May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for
long periods of time.
* Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
* Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Keywords: Securitas Security Services, Concord , Concierge, Hospitality & Tourism , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!