Company: PetVet Care Centers
Posted on: June 20, 2020
Four Corners Veterinary Hospital, Concord CAWe are seeking an
experienced full-time RVT to join our highly-trained and dedicated
staff. This person is skilled in leadership and communication,
detail-oriented, and has the ability to multitask in a fast-paced
environment while remaining calm under pressure. Working knowledge
of Cornerstone and Dayforce is a plus.Our RVTs must have a broad
knowledge of animal science, medicine, and animal husbandry,
including a basic knowledge of pharmacology and sufficient
mathematical skills to ensure the administration of accurate drug
and fluid doses. We are a Fear Free Certified Practice and utilize
low stress handling techniques, so RVTs must be able to
successfully restrain animals in this manner. RVTs complete
clinical laboratory tests, use multiple radiology techniques,
administer and monitor animals under anesthesia, assist in surgery,
and perform dental procedures. Your knowledge and skills will be
used to provide our clients and patients with quality service in
preventative healthcare, geriatric medicine, behavioral care,
avian/ exotic medicine, and standard surgical procedures.The
hospital is open six (6) days per week, so there will be some
closing and Saturday shifts required. We offer competitive wages
and a comprehensive benefits package, including: health care
benefits, paid time off, uniform allowance, continuing education
allowance and generous pet care discounts.Experienced RVTs
only.Position Overview: The Veterinary Technician supports hospital
operations by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and
exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in
providing patient care, conducting examinations, assisting during
surgery, provide nursing care, and maintaining patient medical
records. Tasks include:
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations and
interviews, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory
tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples,
administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and
- Support patient examinations and operations by assembling
required supplies and instruments, securing and bringing patients
to examination rooms, and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper
documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by
following documented standards and procedures in compliance with
applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients' conditions,
reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in
catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of
education, and/or experience.
- Two or more years of experience with veterinary appointments
performing above duties.
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary
Technician (LVT), Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), or the
Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) preferred.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that
requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially
hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic
diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends
and holidays.Four Corners Veterinary Hospital is an AAHA Accredited
and Fear Free Certified Hospital providing outstanding and
compassionate care to pets for over 50 years. Please apply online
Keywords: PetVet Care Centers, Concord , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!