Company: Victorian Senior Care
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Development and coordination of activities program designed to
promote the residents' active involvement with each other, their
families and the community, and involve staff in implementing
program goals. -
- Develop and coordinate activities designed to promote the
active involvement of residents living in an Assisted Living
- Demonstrate involvement with all residents, staff, residents'
families, volunteers and community resources.
- Maintain a written updated residents' interest list and
- Using the "Activities Supervisor's Guide", plan a minimum of 14
hours of group activities and individual activities per week taking
into consideration residents' interest.
- Prepare a monthly calendar for planned activities in large
print and post in a prominent location on the first day of each
month and update as needed before the activities take
- Include the following types of activities on the posted
calendar: social and recreational; diversional and intellectual;
work-type and volunteer.
- Participate in evaluating the overall effectiveness of
activities program at least once every six months.
- Assist the residents in transportation as related to the
activities program when so indicated by ED/Administrator.
- Plan for assisting residents to participate in, at least one
outing every other month.
- Take inventory and purchase activities' supplies including
recreational equipment, supplies for games, books, current
magazines, and daily newspaper for living and recreational areas,
so as to operate within the community's budget and according to
- Receipts for activity supplies must be signed and kept on file
- Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical
safety of each resident.
- Report any accident/incident to ED/Administrator,
Administrator-In-Charge or SIC.
- Work cooperatively with all other staff and relate favorably to
residents and families.
- Be familiar with confidentiality of resident information and
adhere to requirements.
- Be familiar with and able to apply all the home's accident,
fire safety, OSHA and emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights
and assist residents with exercising these rights.
- Assure careful treatment of Adult Care Home equipment and
utilization of supplies.
- Be responsible for reading and adhering to all Adult Care Home
and Employee Policies.
- Participate in job-related continuing education as per
- Perform other related duties as assigned by
- Must have a valid NC Driver's License.
- Must have had at least 8 years of driving experience, as this
is a requirement of company's liability insurance carrier.
- Must be able to Lift, Push, or Pull minimum of 50
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED, or have passed the
Alternative Exam provided by NCDHSR
- Must be able to read, write, and understand and follow
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have course-related studies, or have at least six months'
experience working in a recreational environment with individuals
in a group setting
- Must possess good computer skills
- Must have a two-step tuberculin skin test (first -test prior to
hire and second test within two weeks of first test)
- Must maintain resident confidentiality and Residents' Bill of
- Must not have substantiated findings on the NC Personnel
Registry or Health Care Program
- Must have a clear SBI and DMV record and maintain during
- Must have or obtain certificate for the basic activity course
for assisted living activity directors, within 9-Months of start
Keywords: Victorian Senior Care, Concord , Activity Director, Executive , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!