Senior Manager of Special Projects- (Hybrid)
Company: Planned Parenthood Northern California
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Flexible Telecommuting position!
Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) is seeking a
Senior Manager of Special Projects. This role is full-time, 40
hours per week. PPNorCal provides a comprehensive benefits package
including 100% employer paid medical insurance for the employee,
dental and vision coverage, employer paid life and long-term
disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off to start, 10 paid
holidays, and a 403(b) retirement plan with 4% dollar for dollar
employer match. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: After review of your
application, resume and qualifications, you may be invited to the
next phase of the selection process, which includes a pre-recorded
video interview, responding to screening questions. If you are
being invited to do the video interview, you will receive an email
and text with the video platform link and will have 5 days to
complete this video interview.SUMMARYThe Senior Manager of Special
Projects works closely with the COO/CMO to plan, monitor, and
manage projects of high complexity across multiple teams,
departments, and health center locations that directly impact
Clinical Operations and health care delivery. The Senior Manager of
Special Projects will function as a single point of accountability
on assigned projects, secure the required resources, use project
controls and standards, and ensure on-time completion according to
specifications and within budgeted costs. This position will play a
key role in establishing new processes and leading process
improvement initiatives that impact patient care. The Senior
Manager of Special Projects must demonstrate a strong commitment to
stakeholder relationships by proactively communicating and taking
ownership of risks and issues while facilitating effective outcomes
promptly. This position is expected to spend time within the health
centers to maintain a firm understanding of operations to ensure
project methodologies and implementation strategies are designed
and executed with the patient at heart. The Senior Manager of
Special Projects reports to the COO/CMO with accountability to the
Senior Director of Operations and the Senior Director of Clinical
Practice.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with COO/CMO to develop projects in alignment with the
organization's strategic plans and objectives.
- Special projects to be prioritized within the first year, other
projects to be assigned:
- Project manage tele-Medication Abortion launch, working closely
with the clinical, operational, and legal teams to design,
implement, and support fully remote Medication Abortion.
- Serve as lead for the Title X (national program providing
reproductive health services to people with low incomes)
- Serve as the 340B administrator.
- Assist the Clinical Operations Department prepare for
- Plans and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative
programs, projects, and/or services of broad significance to the
organization within Clinical Operations.
- Establishes new processes and manages medium to large-scale
projects with medium to high complexity, including planning,
budgeting, resource management, deliverable development, timelines,
issues, and risks.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in
the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified
operating policies, practices, and procedures within the specified
functional area of focus.
- Collaborate closely with Data and Analytics to make
evidence-based, data-informed decisions and recommendations.
- Proactively inform and influence others to balance business
needs, strategy and standards, and financial requirements and
- Provide direction, prioritization, and structure to enable
efficient implementation of assigned projects and initiatives,
taking ownership from kickoff through final implementation.
- Develop all associated project documentation by collaborating
with sponsors, management, technical team members, and
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope,
ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored
- Support and facilitate the team's delivery model while
providing measurable business results.
- Provide continuous updates to the leadership team on the status
of all transformation projects.
- Build relationships and collaborate with all department leads
to manage project milestones effectively.
- Assist in the prioritization of identified process improvement
- Provide specialized technical knowledge or program management
expertise, business acumen, and leadership skills to facilitate
project delivery and improve results.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths by
effectively applying Project Management Lifecycle methodology and
enforcing project standards.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues and conflicts in a timely
- Build, develop, and nurture business relationships vital to the
success of the project.
- Develop root cause analyses and process improvement plans.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior leadership,
management, and stakeholders.
- Role-models and provides leadership in advancement of
PPNorCal's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) commitment and
health equity. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThere are no current
supervisory responsibilities but there are significant
opportunities for professional growth, including supervision of
teams or individuals. QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or
- Master's degree in business administration, healthcare
administration, project management, or a similar field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in project management,
operations, or process improvement within the health care
- Familiarity with software methodology and tools,
certifications, training, or additional experience.
- Full understanding of operational and clinical workflows within
an ambulatory setting including, but not limited to the check-in,
scheduling, documenting, and the operation of a clinical practice
group or multiple clinical groups.
- Demonstrated experience managing, training, and developing
- Experience managing budgets and monitoring health care
- Track record in leading and delegating a team with
accountability to superior patient care, operational and financial
- Able to multi-task and work with multiple team members.
- Must have excellent time management, communication (oral and
written), and organizational skills.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must have solid MS Office Suite experience - Word, Excel, MS
Project, PowerPoint .
- Must have experience in a Project Management role or
- Must have experience with EPIC EHR. Preferred Qualifications
- PMP, Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Experience driving projects with a health equity lens. LANGUAGE
SKILLSAbility to read, analyze, and interpret standard scientific
and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication
that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively
present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards
of directors. MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to work with mathematical
concepts such as probability and statistical inference and plane
and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITYAbility to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
various technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and
deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge/experience with EPIC EHR & EPM systems preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of MS
Project, MS Powerpoint & MS Excel required
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology PROTECTED HEALTH
INFORMATION (PHI) ACCESS REQUIREMENTAs required for health care
operations and patient treatment. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONSMust have reliable automobile transportation and a
valid California Driver's License and insurance.OTHER SKILLS,
ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS Proven expertise in successfully managing
business and technical resources under an integrated project plan
to ensure the alignment of resources.
- Proven experience leading and working with senior leadership on
- Demonstrated experience delivering measurable business benefit
through project and portfolio execution.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating, delegating, and
motivating cross-functional groups or activities dependably,
efficiently, safely, and empathetically.
- The ability to leverage change management/facilitation,
communication, and training disciplines and methodologies within
- Excellent organization skills, with process/system mapping and
- The ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and
timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience presenting, escalating and providing solutions to
senior leadership. PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described
here represent those that an employee must meet to perform this
job's essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. WORK
ENVIRONMENTTravel will be necessary to support various departmental
initiatives, and employees must be able to travel to multiple
health centers or site locations. Planned Parenthood Northern
California is an equal opportunity employer and works affirmatively
to include diversity among its staff and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, income,
marital status or any other irrelevant dimension of diversity.
PPNorCal values collaboration between employees of diverse
backgrounds and experiences. We provide healthcare and education
services to 137,000 adults and youth every year at 17 health
centers located throughout 20 Northern California counties. Planned
Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality, affordable
health care to all, regardless of income, insurance, or immigration
status. We care. No matter what!Our experienced and caring medical
staff gives each patient honest information and personal attention.
We provide a full range of services, including birth control,
breast exams, cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion,
pregnancy testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP, and nPEP to
prevent HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and
infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and
Keywords: Planned Parenthood Northern California, Concord , Senior Manager of Special Projects- (Hybrid), Executive , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!