Nano Analysis Territory Sales Manager-Northeast Territory
Company: Oxford Instruments
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Nano Analysis
Territory Sales Manager-Northeast Territory Location: Concord, MA,
US Job Function: Commercial Business Unit: NanoAnalysis At Oxford
Instruments, we enable the world's leading industrial companies and
scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate
materials down to the atomic and molecular level. With a sixty-year
history, and fourteen Queen's Awards for Enterprise, our
world-class products and technologies are helping our customers to
address the greatest challenges of the 21st century. About
NanoAnalysis: - Oxford Instruments NanoAnalysis provides
leading-edge tools that enable materials characterisation and
sample manipulation at the nanometre scale. Used on electron
microscopes (SEM and TEM) and ion-beam systems (FIB), our tools are
used for R&D across a wide range of academic and industrial
applications including semiconductors, renewable energy, mining,
metallurgy, and forensics. - We are seeking a - Territory Sales
Manager (TSM) to join the NanoAnalysis team! About the Opportunity:
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) - NanoAnalysis will be
-responsible for all sales actives in the Northeast territory -for
the NanoAnalysis portfolio and charged with the responsibility of
meeting or exceeding all assigned Oxford Instruments (OI) Sales
Targets. The TSM will serve as the primary point of contact for
existing and potential new customers as well for Oxford Instruments
OEM partners throughout the sales process. This individual will
work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to build territory
action plans which will provide a clear path to sales success as
well as partner with Service, Marketing, Applications, and numerous
other Oxford Business Unit sales reps in this pursuit. In addition,
the TSM is required to properly manage CRM ensuring all required
fields are completed, the information is current and up to date,
and sales funnel information (such as close dates and dollars) is
accurate. The TSM will travel as needed, both within and outside of
the assigned territory - including internationally, to attend
various meetings, trainings, tradeshows, and conventions. Primary
To meet and/or exceed OI unit and dollar based sales targets in
assigned territory as well as ensuring all other OI strategic goals
are achieved there in. Key Responsibilities:
- Vigorously focus on hunting activities and the identification
of new sales opportunities.
- Develop a strong working relationship will all OI OEM partners
in assigned territory.
- Regularly travel to meet with potential and existing customers
as well as participate in installations.
- Actively monitor local industry trends and competitor activity
to enable proactive development of strategies to exploit
opportunities and circumvent threats.
- Develop strategic relationships with various 3rd party
companies/groups to create new opportunities.
- Prospect various funding agency, government, association, and
customer websites for recently awarded grants and awards.
- Prospect webpages, LinkedIn, associations, etc. to identify
potential new customers.
- Daily updates to the CRM system to ensure all information is
accurate and up to date.
- Ongoing relationship management with existing customers.
- Proactively monitor funnel ensuring ample opportunity exist to
meet sales targets.
- Accurately forecast orders at the specific opportunity and
- Attend various trade shows and conventions as well as internal
and external sales meeting as required.
- Utilize video conferencing, remote demonstrations, etc.
whenever possible to advance opportunities.
- Actively seek out collaboration opportunities with OI Business
Unit sales channels beyond NanoAnalysis.
- Utilize a value selling sales approach to fully leverage all OI
has to offer to win sales with minimal discounting.
- Maintain expert level technical knowledge for the NanoAnalysis
portfolio of products.
- Maintain a high degree of collaboration with Application and
Service as well as participate in numerous installations and
- Diligently manage expenses and travel planning to minimize
- Other responsibilities and duties upon request. Indicative
- Meet or exceed Sales Targets/ Quotas
- New Opportunity generation and overall funnel health
- Minimize Discounting levels
- Forecast accuracy and CRM fidelity
- Timely completion of Performance and Development objectives
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelors in the Materials Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or
other relevant area preferred.
- 3-5 years Sales experience in the scientific space.
- In depth experience of relevant technologies, customers, and
- Ability to travel approximately 60% time, including occasional
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- Electron Microscopy Experience is strongly preferred.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of, and
successful track record in, technical sales.
- Possess a professional network and toolset enabling immediate
- Experience developing and implementing territory specific sales
strategies to achieve goals.
- Scientific background or knowledge of the scientific
- Extensive experience with CRM platforms; preferably SAP
- Ability to give sales presentations and share technical
information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to communicate and operate as a cross-functional team
with sales, service, applications, and other departments.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Desire and capability to work well in a team environment.
- Possess the ability and drive to get things done quickly with
high levels of energy and resilience.
- Highly organized with a strong affinity for detail.
- Excellent communication skills in various formats (verbal, ppt,
- Able to accept feedback and modify approach as required.
- Ability to bring teams of people together, creating alignment
- Willing and able to travel domestically and overseas as
required without restriction, subject to normal visa requirements.
- Ability to build effective working relationships both
internally and externally across all parts of the business. #LI-EB1
Oxford Instruments is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Oxford Instruments
is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable
accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its
services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable
accommodation, please contact Human Resources,
ConcordHR.HelpDesk@oxinst.com, 978-405-1119 Note to recruitment
agencies: Oxford Instruments operates a Preferred Supplier List,
and we do not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not forward
candidate details in response to this advert, or to any Oxford
Instruments employees or other company locations. Oxford
Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Oxford Instruments, Concord , Nano Analysis Territory Sales Manager-Northeast Territory, Executive , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!