DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS II
Company: McLane Company, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Job Description - DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS II (2105908) DIRECTOR,
OPERATIONS II - ( 2105908 )
- Accelerated pay based on your experience.
- Benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life
- 401(k) with annual company match. Becoming a McLane teammate is
to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125
years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance
who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and
our company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the
opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go. - The
Operations Director provides leadership and guidance for DC
operational functions such as Transportation, Warehousing,
facilities management, building layout, racking and systems,
inventory management, and quality assurance. They plan, organize,
manage, and support the projects and activities required for the DC
with the training, tools, facilities and equipment necessary to
support growth, QA compliance and continuous improvement towards
productivity and service levels. -
- -Participate in the development of overall business planning
and supply chain planning strategies and develop explicit goals and
strategies closely linked to the overall business planning and
supply chain process.
- Coordinate with Corporate Operations Support staff on
strategies to improve service levels and Key Performance Indicators
- Provide leadership for the Transportation and Warehouse
- Communicate the status of activities and results on an ongoing
basis. Ensure all affected location and functional interests are
represented and addressed; develop/recommend alterations to
procedures and best practices where warranted. -
- Understand, articulate, and execute all QA criterion set forth
in supply chain processes. -
- This position has additional duties. Special projects may be
assigned at the position supervisor's discretion. - MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS: -
- Have a bachelor's degree in Logistics, Business, Accounting, or
a related field.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in all facets of the
foodservice distribution Industry, preferably in the QSR sector.
- Accounting, planning, and analytical experience is required.
- Preferred experience with AS/400 systems, JDE, EXCEL, Microsoft
Word, and Access programs; XATA, PeopleNet or similar programs.
- Have a detailed understanding of financial statements and
resulting cost implications. -
- Be able to identify financial issues and provide cost effective
- Be able to use IT systems to generate and evaluate key
performance data. -
- Have experience with multi-shift, 6- to 7-day operations.
- Have management experience with large DC and driver workforces
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships with customers
(100+, comprising 1,000-2,000 stores) and maintain high visibility
with major customers, co-ops, and corporate customers. -
- Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug
screen, in accordance with applicable laws. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: McLane Company, Inc., Concord , DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS II, Executive , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!