Senior Manager, Field Application Scientists
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 25, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Senior Manager, Field Application Scientists
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals. Location/Division BioProduction
Division provides customized solutions for bio-pharmaceutical
manufacturers across every step of the bioprocess workflow. The
division offers media, reagents, instruments, consumables and more
from across the division's four business units.
- Cell Culture and Cell Therapy
- Single-Use Technologies
- Purification and Pharma Analytics
- Production Chemicals and Services How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manager will lead the America's Cell Culture Field
Application Scientists (FAS) for the BioProduction Group (BPG),
providing guidance based on past technical experience and in-depth
knowledge of the bioproduction cell culture product and service
offerings. This role is responsible for developing and executing a
technical engagement strategy that is globally and cross
functionally aligned to support the Cell Culture and Cell Therapy
BPG Businesses. We are looking for a leader who can bring a balance
of strategic direction, daily management, and team development to
help us deliver and maximize on our Key Performance Indicators
(KPIs). What will you do? This leader plays a critical role in
identifying and prioritizing their team's activities to ensure
effective support of external and internal customers, including
commercial Sales colleagues, Product Managers and R&D
scientists as necessary to meet the business goals. In addition,
this leader must maintain awareness of customers' evolving
technical challenges and material requirements and be able to
effectively capture and communicate these to the Marketing, Product
Management and R&D teams.
- Effectively influence and guide the technical Field
Applications Scientists (FAS) in the America's.
- Manage and prioritize technical engagements in the field.
- Support FAS team members in customer engagement activities as
- Track and trend metrics related to technical customer
engagements for the America's team.
- Partner with Marketing, Product Management and R&D to
support the development of applications data for new and existing
products and services.
- Drive innovation and support the continuous improvement of BPG
Cell Culture and Cell Therapy products and service offerings.
- Compile and analyze Voice of Customer from FAS team members to
identify unmet customer needs and pain points.
- Understand and communicate competitive landscape and potential
for future products and services to Marketing and Product
- Work with R&D and Product Management to identify gaps in
capability or capacity to address unmet customer needs.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry trends by
attending scientific conferences, trade shows and reviewing
literature, and communicate findings accordingly.
- Support local and global sales process, including support of
BioProduction Account Managers, Corporate Account Managers,
Technical Sales Specialists and Business Enablement team
- Develop and maintain strong technical relationships with
targeted key accounts. How will you get here? Education
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor's or Master's degree in
Life Sciences (Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology,
Immunology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Engineering). PhD degree
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience with therapeutic cell
culture and process development in a cGMP environment, including
relevant knowledge across the workflow.
- People management and team leadership experience is required,
remote management experience highly preferred.
- Experience working with external customers within the Biotech,
Biologics, Life Sciences, and/or Biopharmaceutical industries in a
technical, engineering, or manufacturing capacity and ideally with
experience using Cell Culture and Cell Therapy products and systems
is required. Previous sales experience and/or sales process
experience is preferred.
- People management and team leadership experience is required,
remote management experience highly preferred. Travel
- Approximately 50%. Most travel will be within the US; some
international travel may be required. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven relationship building skills and ability to work with
- Continuous improvement, such as PPI or Six Sigma is an
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to navigate a matrixed environment and influence
- Ability to articulate and evaluate multiple complex ideas and
align others around recommended course of action. At Thermo Fisher
Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a
unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular
mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner
and safer. To access this job later or share with a friend, please
enter Name and Email Address below. Your Name Get notified for
similar jobs Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address Get customized job recommendations based on
your career area of interest. How would you rate your experience
popup Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
www.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Concord , Senior Manager, Field Application Scientists, Executive , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!