Senior Cost Manager
Company: SNC-Lavalin Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Our Pharma team is growing! If you want to be a part of a
successful global organization and have at least 7 years of recent
experience as a Cost Manager on large Construction projects in
Manufacturing and Life Sciences/Pharma, we would like to connect
with you. This role implements established procedures for baseline
schedule and cost control budgets, cost reporting, monitors
progress, tracks actual expenditures and develops forecasts, as
needed. Analyzes status data and trends as required. Responsible
for all aspects of project cost management. This is an immediate
need. This is a full-time position with Faithful+Gould that comes
with robust benefits. We seek individuals who are looking for long
term tenure and growth. About Us Faithful+Gould is a world leader
in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner's
Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their
construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects
with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which
include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City
government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest
Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company
by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England
and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise
It's in our DNA. How will you contribute to the team? To perform
this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but
not limited to the following:
- Manage, review and issues cost reports to the client and
construction team, including key project indicators.
- Tracks and examine the project costs including budgets,
commitments, actuals, accruals, forecasts, and contingencies
- Produce forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and
monthly cash flow costs and provides variance examination and
- Manages, revises, and maintains the status of the detailed
project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project
execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement
and deliveries, construction contracts through start-up activities
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of
the bid review process to ensure all cost control requirements are
incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
- Provide procurement services for the client where applicable
for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP,
bid analysis and bid reports.
- Reviews change orders in accordance with the client's approval
- Provide cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Attend project meetings and lead meetings relating to cost /
commercial aspects as required.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures
that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Interacts with Project Mgt Information Systems group to help
define system, work/process flows and capabilities.
- Manages program cost estimate databases and utilizes pivot
tables to drive summary reporting and cash flows.
- Manages Contract Approval Request (CAR) system for new
commitments and change orders for all direct reports.
- Maintain project financial system through JDEdwards system,
develop reports and transaction policies.
- Manages current consultant/program budget, monthly accruals and
invoice approval tracking/routing.
- Weekly cost report with Client Finance.
- Update/create budgets for internal staff and consultant
- Reactive actions to respond to client data requests. What will
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a
- Seven years of RECENT PHARMA experience.
- Preferably a member of RICS or AACE or another relevant
- 7 years of related experience.
- Experience with JD Edwards and/or other cost reporting software
- Strong IT skills with an excellent understanding of Microsoft
Excel, Project, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in new build, out of the ground construction and CRE
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams,
including interacting with the clients.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive,
results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver
who has the judgment and the capacity to think complex issues
through and develop effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Commercially aware, you'll work well as part of a team and
demonstrate that you can work autonomously when required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project
and overall construction costs.
- Ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional
- Drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their
technical and behavioral skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound
judgment and good sense.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own
- Develop their professional network to support the New York
office and career. What we offer at Faithful+Gould: At
Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career
opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career
with us, apply today! Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity,
drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. Please review Faithful+Gould
Equal Opportunity Statement here: Faithful+Gould cares about your
privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please
consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about
how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. Note to
staffing and direct hire agencies: In the event a recruiter or
agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a
resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of
companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the
candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation
to the recruiter or agency.
https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies Tom, Graduate
Quantity Surveyor, tells his story. Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
shares his story. For anyone looking to taking their passion for
the environment and turn it into a career, there are many options.
Let's take a look at some of the most exciting jobs in this realm
and how you can build a career for a sustainable future. We put
safety at the heart of everything we do, to safeguard people,
assets and the environment. Copyright SNC-Lavalin Group 2021 - All
Keywords: SNC-Lavalin Group, Concord , Senior Cost Manager, Executive , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!