Chief Medical Officer
Company: West Park Hospital-WY-US
Posted on: February 13, 2021
Riverbend Community Mental Health, Inc., one of the largest
providers of community-based behavioral health services in New
Hampshire, is seeking a full-time Chief Medical Officer. As the
Chief Medical Officer (CMO) you will be responsible for the
clinical oversight of psychiatry services at Riverbend including
the provision of clinical care, staff supervision, fiscal
accountability, risk management, and participation in short and
long-range planning of services to meet the needs of the community.
The CMO is an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team and
serves in both an administrative and clinical role providing direct
services to a small caseload of clients. Direct reports include the
Medical Directors from other areas of the agency.
- Work collaboratively with Psychiatrists, APRNs, and nursing
staff at all programs.
- Provide direct services to clients of the program/agency.
- Manage administrative/program operations to optimize efficient
- Manage resources to obtain positive financial outcomes.
- Provide consistent leadership to team/program in support of
quality services and attainment of program and agency goals.
- Assure compliance with documentation and quality assurance
- Participate in educational activities to advance professional
- Engage in collaboration, teamwork and relationship building to
optimize the quality of service, department and agency
effectiveness, and employee job satisfaction.
- Utilize electronic health record (EHR) of the agency to
document client information, referrals or other relevant
information as required.
- Participate in weekly, monthly, or quarterly team meetings as
- Provide on-site time at assigned program each week. On-site
work may include meeting providers, care coordinators, or other
designated staff, discussing procedures and coordinating services,
and in-person evaluation of patients.
- Coordinate the training of Psychiatric APRN students who come
to the agency for their practicum.
- Supervise and educate Psychiatry residents from Dartmouth
Hitchcock Medical Center who come to the agency for one year of
- Continue development of our library of recorded lectures to
utilize for education and training purposes. Requirements:
- Medical degree (MD or DO) is required.
- NH medical license is required.
- Board certification in Psychiatry is required.
- Valid DEA certificate with prescriptive authority is
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle or access to a
reasonable alternative is required.
- Experience working in a community mental health and inpatient
psychiatry is preferred.
- Experience treating patients with diverse clinical profiles and
clinical co-morbidities is preferred.
- Experience with electronic health records is preferred.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation which amounts
to approximately 5 weeks per year is required. (Paid at an
additional rate) COVID-19 Considerations As the COVID-19 pandemic
continues to impact the world, it is our responsibility to help
keep our staff, clients, and communities safe. At Riverbend, we
have implemented processes and precautions to help prevent the
spread of COVID-19. All staff are following a screening protocol
prior to entering any facility as well as recording their
temperature before starting work. All staff are required to wear
face masks when in common areas of our facilities or when in close
proximity to any other individual. To promote social distancing,
staff may work staggered shifts and/or work in the office on
alternating days, or work remotely. Riverbend provides personal
protective equipment (PPE) to staff appropriate for their type of
service delivery. Clinical services are being provided via
telehealth, telephone, or in-person depending upon the needs of the
client. We are taking all necessary precautions for any in-person
service delivery. Riverbend takes great care to ensure that
frequently touched surfaces are being sanitized throughout the day,
ventilation systems are functioning at optimal levels for maximum
air circulation and quality per CDC guidelines, and each location
is fully sanitized daily. Founded in 1963, Riverbend Community
Mental Health is a private, nonprofit organization providing
specialized behavioral health services in central New Hampshire.
Core services include 24/7 emergency mobile crisis services;
addiction counseling; counseling services for children, adults, and
families; addiction treatment; and community support, vocational
services, and residential programs for adults and seniors.
Evidence-based models of treatment guide all our work, and we
strongly believe in the power of self-directed growth and recovery.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and an
outstanding benefits package including: medical, dental, vision,
life and disability insurance, paid liability insurance, 403(b)
with company match, flexible spending accounts, an annual stipend
for professional expenses, CME training to support licensure, 5 CME
days in addition to generous paid leave - plus 8 holidays per year.
You'll be joining a team of focused, hard-working, creative people
who are passionate about the role they play in serving the mental
health needs of the greater Concord community. Riverbend is an
equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe,
inclusive working environment for people of all backgrounds. About
Concord New Hampshire Concord New Hampshire is ranked one of the
nation's top micropolitan (population under 50,000) communities,
year after year. Our excellent schools and colleges produce a
well-educated workforce, and we are proud to be home to one of the
finest health care networks north of Boston (about 1.5 hours
south). In addition to our vibrant downtown, business community,
and wealth of cultural offerings, the Concord area is the perfect
place to raise a family, grow a business, or explore New England's
rich history, culture, and natural wonders.
Keywords: West Park Hospital-WY-US, Concord , Chief Medical Officer, Executive , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!