Senior Product Quality Engineer
Company: Analog Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Senior Product Quality Engineer Position Overview: Our client is
a leading US based Power Conversion Manufacturer. For over 50 years
they have offered a wide variety of cutting edge power conversion
products for commercial, automotive, industrial, and military
applications. Summary: Sr. Product Quality Engineer will be
responsible for the product and manufacturing quality of new
product development projects, existing products, and leading
product/design quality activities. This includes overall product
quality improvement, quality risk assessment and mitigation, active
involvement with multidisciplinary teams to identify risks at
earlier stages of design process, reporting, product validation,
and virtual team leadership of quality activities during the NPI
process including supplier related quality issues and validation of
actions implemented. Responsibilities/Job Description:
- Develop and execute effective product quality plan to ensure
- Data analysis of past problem history and warranty data to
improve product quality & reliability.
- Active involvement and ownership of Design Failure Modes &
Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and PFMEA to make them truly living
- Review of FA (Failure analysis) reports/customer complaints
with focus to ensure effective corrective and preventive actions
for future mitigation of same failure modes.
- Use program management tools to ensure the quality and
reliability activities meet project timing requirements and able to
present project status and technical findings to senior
- Promote preventive and proactive culture (poke yoke).
- Champion lean activities/projects for new and existing
- Work with manufacturing to ensure manufacturing quality,
implementation and verification of control plans and taking lead on
manufacturing issues for effective and timely resolution.
- Key member of DFM and DFA to ensure quality in manufacturing
- Plan, coordinate, analyze and report quality issues, KPIs and
continuous improvement activities.
- Process owner for activities related to ISO, internal and
- Assist engineering, as required, in the design and/or
development of modifications of existing products or special
products to meet customer requirements or standard
- Exhibit the ability to evaluate requirements for testability,
design efficient test cases, statistical analysis and write
extensive technical documentation.
- Assist in Risk Management activities and ensure compliance to
standards and regulations. Education / Experience:
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical,
Electrical or Material Science) or equivalent degree.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in quality of consumer,
automotive, medical and/or electronics/electrical industry as well
as applicable engineering experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and
electromechanical components, design and systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, using 8D, A3, DMAIC, SPC,
DOE, PDCA, 5P, 5Why, FT, process mapping and/or equivalent quality
tools, methods and techniques.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for Quality and New
- Experience in managing and working with remote teams and CMs
- Working experience in new product launch and/or PPAP will be a
- Nice to have ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Good understanding of statistical methods, continuous
improvement, lean methodology (Green or six-sigma black belt
certification will be plus).
- Practical working experience in MS-Word, Excel, power point, MS
project and Minitab.
- ISO internal auditor certification and/or experience with ISO
internal auditing will be a plus. Concord, CA Concord has been
recognized as the best place in California to raise a family,
awarded Best Music Scene by Livability.com, and has been designated
a Tree City USA for 33 consecutive years. The local lifestyle
reflects a careful blending of the City's early California heritage
with modern development.
Keywords: Analog Group, Concord , Senior Product Quality Engineer, Engineering , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!