Senior Mechanical Engineer, R&D
Company: EMCORE Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills:
* Flexible, innovative, strategic, adaptable and assertive.
* Outstanding communications skills and the ability to convey
complex ideas to an audience with a wide range of technical
* Ability to carry a design from concept, to prototype, to
production in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
* Ability to generate professional documentation and design
* Ability to generate productive work both independently and as a
* Ability to manage time-sensitive priorities in a fast paced
* Experience with inertial sensors / MEMS (preferred)
* Experience analyzing systems using multi-physics (thermal,
vibration, shock) finite element software
* Knowledge and understanding of the use of GD&T
* Experience using MATLAB or similar data and system level analysis
* Excellent material science knowledge (preferred)
* Knowledge of CAD tools (AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Creo)
* Knowledge in vibration and shock systems
* Component, system and tooling design using CAD
* Create detailed drawings on all components, assemblies, tooling
and test fixtures
* Coordinate engineering change orders for new product designs,
including BOM and all applicable drawings & documents
* Work with vendors on the fabrication and assembly of new
* Hands on ability to assemble and test new designs
* Create initial process documentation for use in prototyping
* Perform tolerance analysis
* Sustaining engineering support to existing products in
Personal Attributes for Success:
* A passion for getting things right.
* Turn obstacles into challenges and motivate and inspire those
they work with to keep morale and productivity high.
* Can-do attitude, committed to finding solutions.
* Able to adapt and rapidly respond to the changing demands of a
fast paced, high growth service oriented environment.
* Flexibility in dealing with a variety of business partners,
situations and requirements while remaining calm under
* Team oriented - values the synergy of a team and operates as a
* Collaborator - engages others in discussion and is hands-on in
* 3-5 Years in a similar role
* 5-10 years in a similar role
EMCORE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action
Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
IMPORTANT: EMCORE Company is an ITAR site which Requires potential
access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in
Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations
(EAR). Persons who are employed here must be a "U.S. person" as
defined in the ITAR and EAR.
In order to be a U.S. person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must:
(i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a
lawful permanent resident (i.e., "green card holder") of the United
States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a
refugee, or have been granted asylum, provided that you have
applied for naturalization within six months of the date you first
became eligible, and if not yet accepted, you are actively pursuing
naturalization after two years from the date of your
Keywords: EMCORE Corporation, Concord , Senior Mechanical Engineer, R&D, Engineering , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!