Director of Marketing and Communications
Company: CONCORD ACADEMY
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director of Marketing and Communications The Opportunity Located
in the historic village of Concord, Massachusetts, Concord Academy
is an independent, co-educational day and boarding school serving
students from across the United States and around the world. The
Academy seeks an experienced marketing and communications
professional to join its senior leadership team. Nearing its
centennial, Concord Academy enjoys an increasingly strong market
position and enthusiastic philanthropic support for--its strategic
priorities. For more information about the school and its mission,
please visit www.concordacademy.org . The Candidate Reporting to
the Interim Head of School, the successful candidate will be an
exceptional relationship builder and an excellent storyteller who
participates actively in the school community. The Director will
thrive in a fast-paced environment and will lead with confidence
and self-awareness. Working in partnership with senior leaders, the
Director will demonstrate initiative, creativity, and empathy.
Simultaneously, the successful candidate will effectively manage a
team to anticipate and serve the needs of internal clients,
including Admissions, Advancement, Academics and Student Life, and
the Head of School. The Director will be customer-focused, have
high standards, and provide creative solutions beyond the
traditional modes of messaging employed by independent schools. The
successful candidate will embrace working with a diverse range of
people and be able to represent a school community that includes
and welcomes people of different races, ethnicities, gender
identities, and nationalities. A thought partner to the Interim
Head of School, the Director will demonstrate wisdom and judgment
and will provide strategic advice for both emergent and long-term
planning. Key Responsibilities
- Deliver compelling information and messages to various
constituency groups, including coordinating in-house and outsourced
talent as needed to support these strategies.
- Assess current communications and marketing practices and
ensure the systems, resources, and process for achieving
communications objectives are in place, understood, and effectively
- Develop a comprehensive, integrated strategy that encompasses
digital, social, and print media.
- Collaborate with the leadership of the Admission, Advancement
Offices, Interim Head of School, and other departments to inspire
and engage prospective students and their families as well as
alumni, donors, and donor prospects across all strategic
communications and major events.
- Oversee brand management, including ensuring the integrity and
consistency of the Academy's editorial and visual brand and design
- Act as lead in media relations, engaging local media and
nurturing community connections; coordinate with the Interim Head
of School in serving as spokesperson for the school; and serve as
an essential leader and resource in managing crisis
- Provide communications counsel to the Interim Head of School
and write and edit material for the Interim Head of School and
Board of Trustees President.
- Develop and guide the regular implementation of communication
vehicles that guarantee parents, alumni, and other stakeholders
receive timely and up-to-date information.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the school's website, email
marketing and newsletters, and social media activities.
- Manage and develop the Marketing and Communications staff
through supervision, support, and evaluation.
- Be passionately engaged in the life of the school. Personal
Attributes and Skills
- Exceptional listening and communication skills and a blend of
confidence and humility.
- A love of learning, an ethic of self-improvement, and the heart
of a teacher always working in best interest of students.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and work in
a cross functional manner.
- A self-starter capable of offering original ideas and seeing
them through from concept to implementation.
- Perform with craftsmanship, accountability, and aplomb while
adapting to multiple and shifting audiences.
- Possess the skills, perspective, and optimism to collaborate
effectively with other members of academy senior leadership; be a
strong and respected colleague with faculty and staff; represent
the school well in the community.
- Have proven skills as a speaker, writer, and listener.
- Be versed in the latest communications technologies and social
- Manage projects and people with focus, flexibility, and good
humor. Concord Academy actively seeks employees who reflect and
support our mission-driven commitment to creating and maintaining a
diverse and inclusive school community. Concord Academy strives for
equity and justice in our journey as a learning community. The
common trust we are building values the unique contributions and
voice of every individual. In keeping with our ideals, we invite
candidates to join in this process who bring a substantive and
varied combination of educational pursuits and lived experiences
that demonstrate the capacity to make a meaningful difference as a
senior leader within our community. The school provides a
competitive salary and benefits package. All inquiries are treated
Keywords: CONCORD ACADEMY, Concord , Director of Marketing and Communications, Advertising , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!