Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Manage financial services, procedures, and policies to support
the fiscal responsibility and viability of the store(s) by ensuring
conformity to accepted accounting and cash management principles
and by developing, maintaining, and providing complete, timely,
accurate financial information to management. Essential Job
- Supervise and manage accounting staff.
- Ensure State and Federal tax compliance, reporting, payments
and record keeping.
- Promote team building and motivate staff to accomplish assigned
- Maintain QuickBooks Pro accounting database and audit entries
- Monitor and record credit/debit transactions from credit card
- Enter new members into Access database and maintain member
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements and other
reports as needed for the General Manager and Board of Directors.
Ensure all reports provide accurate detailed information.
- Prepare, with the General Manager, financial forecasts and
preparation of the annual budget including but not limited to a
five-year budget forecast and analysis.
- Develop regular sales and labor reports that provide systems of
verifiability for department managers.
- Ensure timely payment of quarterly and yearly taxes; corporate,
property and sales.
- Ensure privacy and security of members, payroll and financial
records of the Co-op.
- Monitor weekly cash management protocols and ensure there are
sufficient funds in the proper accounts to cover all expenses.
- Be an example to all store personnel by being well versed in
store policies and procedures.
- Monitor cash management systems. Oversee bank deposit system
and entering daily cash receipts for timeliness and accuracy.
- Monitor collection on returned checks.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are completed monthly in a timely
- Verify account balances at end of each period.
- Ensure bills are being paid timely and guidelines are followed
for advantageous cash flow and credit rating; ensure problems are
researched and corrected promptly.
- Assist with processing of quarterly inventories.
- Manage fixed asset reporting and depreciation schedules.
- Partner with payroll/HR to and ensure accurate and timely
payroll processing as well as payroll tax compliance and timely
processing of benefit vendor payments.
- Prepare end of period, adjusting journal entries in accordance
with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Supervise and cooperate with the external auditor by providing
the necessary documents required for the annual audit to be
completed. Review annual audit for accuracy and enter any journal
adjustments as needed. Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and
- Superior keying/data entry skills with speed and accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on data integrity.
- Ability to take direction and work independently and sometimes
under deadline pressure.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational
skills. Essential Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending, reaching,
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs at times. Experience and
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA a plus
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with all levels of
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles
such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the
company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of QuickBooks
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate
financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
The job duties, elements and responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, requirements and conditions listed
in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive
of the tasks that the employee may be required to perform. The
Co-op does reserve the right to revise this job description at any
time and require employees to perform other job duties as
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Concord , Finance Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!