Company: Pacific Service CU
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and
the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people
who want to work as part of our team.
What's in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100%
medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for
full-time employees and eligible dependents.
401k: We contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401k account
regardless of whether you contribute or not. In addition, we match
75% of your contributions up to the first 3% of eligible
compensation after one year of service and up to 6% after three
years of service.
Bonus program: All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual
Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more than two
weeks' vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of sick
Position Summary: The Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for
underwriting First Mortgage and Home Equity loans. This individual
is responsible for making sure that all loan conditions outlined
under desktop underwriting or the loan officer are verified and met
prior to closing. This position requires adherence to complex
regulatory oversite with the implementation of the TRID
- Responsible for underwriting First Mortgage and Home Equity
loans, ensuring all loan conditions outlined under desktop
underwriting or the loan officer are verified and met prior to
- Analyze risk in extending credit and supporting information
presented for review.
- Perform complex income/tax return analysis.
- Identify and recommend alternative loan solutions.
- Effectively present and communicate information to applicants
and respond to questions.
- Possess time management skills and the ability to organize,
prioritize, perform multiple tasks simultaneously; handle multiple
projects and meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Provide financial counseling to members when requested.
- Ability to adapt to market, regulatory, agency and investor
- Identify and recommend ways to continuously streamline or
improve the work process and/or the work environment.
- Enthusiastically provide support for credit union mission
- Complies with all federal and state laws, as well as
organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including (but
not limited to) those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA),
Identity Theft Red Flags, and Office of Foreign Assets Control
(OFAC). Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Assists with loan officer functions, as needed.
- Assist with the processing of first mortgage or HE type
- General clerical duties as assigned.
- Assist other departments where appropriate when assigned by
supervisor. Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of underwriting experience. FHA
and VA loan product experience and comprehensive knowledge of
conventional loan program guidelines. FNMA/FHLMC asset production
experience for direct selling to agency investors. Must have a
thorough understanding of automated underwriting engines.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Knowledge of underwriting to secondary market guidelines a
must. Working knowledge of agency, government and private investor
guidelines and requirements preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to follow projects through
to completion with little supervision and meet deadlines in a
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain valid registration with
the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry in compliance
with the requirements of federal law and the SAFE Act.
- Knowledge of Calyx Point and Symitar systems preferred, ability
to use keyboard, 10-key calculator, familiarity of various fraud
- Proficiency in computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Word
- Ability to analyze complex tax returns skills required.
- Ability to make consistent credit decisions, based on DU finds
and credit union lending policies, required.
- Ability to work effectively at a fast pace and adapt to
- The ability to demonstrate loan judgment, answer telephones and
handle difficult member situations required.
- Will be checked against the following lists: U.S. General
Services Administration (GSA) Excluded Parties List (EPL), HUD
Limited Denial of Participation List (LDP List) and Federal Housing
Finance Agency's (FHFA) Suspended Counterparty Program (SCP)
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm,
collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility,
creativity, focus on excellence, and overall "great-to-work-with"
demeanor. Previous experience with a financial institution with
basic knowledge of financial products and services is a plus.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel expected. Any travel during
assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Non-exempt employee with a work schedule of
Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm. Schedules are subject to
change based on organizational needs.
- Environmental Conditions: Work is primarily performed within an
enclosed office. Subject to standard background noise found in an
office environment. Physical Job Requirements: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by the
person in this position to successfully perform the essential
functions for the position.
- Sit, Stand, Walk: While performing the duties of the job, the
person in this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk
and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office
equipment, etc. The duties in this position will require regular
travel via personal vehicle which may result in long periods of
- Use of Hands/Fingers: To operate a computer, computer keyboard,
mouse and other office productivity machinery, such as but not
limited to; a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.The
person in this position is frequently required to sit and reach
with hands and arms.
- Speech/Hearing: The person in this position frequently
communicates via phone and in person. Must be able to talk to/hear
clients and educate them on products and services offered at the
- Lifting/Pulling/Carrying: The person in this position must
occasionally lift/move up to 20 lbs. and set up displays/tables at
- Bending/Kneeling: The person in this position occasionally
moves to retrieve items for use in presentations and daily work
Keywords: Pacific Service CU, Concord , Mortgage Underwriter, Accounting, Auditing , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!