Company: Pacific Service Credit Union
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Working for Pacific Service Credit Union
We put people first. That includes our members, our employees and
the communities we serve. We hire energetic and enthusiastic people
who want to work as part of our team.
What's in it for you?
Health insurance coverage: We provide our employees with 100%
medical, dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance for
full-time employees and eligible dependents. 401k: We contribute 3%
of your base salary to your 401k account regardless of whether you
contribute or not. In addition, we match 75% of your contributions
up to the first 3% of eligible compensation after one year of
service and up to 6% after three years of service. Bonus program:
All employees are rewarded for attaining our annual organizational
goals. Vacation and sick time: Full-time employees receive more
than two weeks' vacation per year, 10 paid holidays and 10 days of
Position Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for the
development and maintenance of an annual and rolling audit plan.
The Internal Auditor will ensure compliance with applicable state
and federal laws, and is responsible for the implementation of a
quality control program. Essential Functions:
- Determines the reliability and effectiveness of internal
- Creates and maintains a rolling audit plan based on Enterprise
Risk Management (ERM) concepts.
- Performs annual audits such as, but not limited to:Automated
Clearing House (ACH)Branch and department auditsSecure and Fair
Enforcement Act (SAFE)Privacy ActRemote Deposit Capture
(RDC)Financial reporting and 5300 Call Report
- Prepares written audit reports to be administered to all levels
of the organization.
- Coordinates with business units to ensure appropriate controls
and any subsequent corrective action is implemented.
- Implements and oversees a Quality Assurance (QA) program to
include:Monthly, quarterly and annual trend analysisWritten report
preparation Summary presentations to department leaders on
- Creates and maintains a fraud program to include:Formulating
and reviewing fraud reportsEstablishing and overseeing a fraud
committeeCreating and conducting fraud training
- Acts as liaison and point of contact for external reviews and
- Creates and maintains cohesive and well-documented work papers
for all audits performed.
- As needed, participates in Supervisory Committee meetings.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of all federal, state,
and local regulations as well as internal policies, procedures and
credit union products and services.
- Maintains relevant procedures and assists with policy
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as
assigned.Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor's or AA degree in
Finance, Internal Audit, Accounting, Criminal Justice or equivalent
comparable experience. Experience working in financial and
accounting or related auditing experience. Thorough knowledge of
internal control techniques. ACUIA Internal Audit certification
within 1 year. CUNA Compliance School certification within 2 years
- Experience: Minimum four years' experience working in a branch
or operational department, preferably at a credit union or
financial institution. Experience conducting meeting, training
sessions and presentations with management. Ability to write
concise reports within a limited timeframe and present them with
confidence. Knowledge of fraud indicators and creating system
generated reports required.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of financial institution
operations, products and services, and policies, including
regulations.Knowledge and understanding of the following systems
preferred: Symitar, Bottomline, ApplicationXtender, and Lending360.
Demonstrates an understanding of ERM and risk management
metrics.Strong written and oral communication skills required to
interact with employees and management. Demonstrates ability to
collaborate cross departmentally, as well as effectively handle
difficult interpersonal situations.Demonstrates ability to
communicate regulations and requirements, both in writing and
verbally. Strong analytical skills and ability to use sound
judgment.Attention to detail and ability to perform complex
mathematical calculations with demonstrated understanding of
Excel.Strong self-starter with a high level of dependability and
self-motivationAble to work independently and in a team oriented
environment.Proficient in other MS Office applications, including
Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Tech-savvy with the ability to learn
new systems as needed.
- Additional Proficiencies Desired: You will bring your
enthusiasm, collaborative work style, inquisitive attitude,
flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, and overall
- Travel Required: 5% - 20% travel required. Occasional travel to
branch locations, educational conferences, industry roundtables and
compliance hearings. Travel requires ability to operate personal
- Hours Required: Exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday
through Friday, generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours may fluctuate
moderately to accommodate business needs.
- Environmental Conditions: Work is primarily performed within a
cubicle on a second floor of a two-story building with elevator.
Subject to standard background noise found in an office
environment.Physical Job Requirements: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by the
person in this position to successfully perform the essential
functions for the position.
- Sit, Stand, Walk: While performing the duties of the job, the
person in this position is regularly required to sit, stand, walk
and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office
equipment, etc. The duties in this position will require regular
travel via personal vehicle which may result in long periods of
- Use of Hands/Fingers: To operate a computer, computer keyboard,
mouse and other office productivity machinery, such as but not
limited to; a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The
person in this position is frequently required to sit and reach
with hands and arms.
- Speech/Hearing: The person in this position frequently
communicates via phone and in person.
- Lifting/Pulling/Carrying: The person in this position must
occasionally lift/move up to 20 lbs. and set up displays/tables at
- Bending/Kneeling: The person in this position occasionally
moves to retrieve items for use in presentations and daily work
Keywords: Pacific Service Credit Union, Concord , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!